We are whole-heartedly committed to providing top quality services by continuous improvement in the level of the care and support we offer. This is achieved by employing and maintaining a quality workforce as well as the appointment of a dedicated staff training and development manager. Standards and training for our managers and staff are based on the national occupational standards for the care industry set by the National Training Organisation.
Nature of Service.
To ensure that we are fit for our purpose, the work of the staff team is consistently monitored and supervised. We examine our operations constantly to ensure that we are successfully achieving our stated aims and objectives. We therefore welcome feedback from all stakeholders (i.e. service users, staff, care professionals, carers, family members and friends) on all aspects of our operation.
Needs and Risk Assessments
Before we provide services, we ensure that a potential service user’s needs, preferences and risks are thoroughly assessed. We aim to ensure that the care and support that OSS CARE provides, meets the assessed needs of each service user. We ensure that needs and risks are re-assessed as frequently as necessary, and that the care and support provided have the flexibility to respond to changing needs or requirements. From the outset of the referral process, we seek to consult all relevant parties in the needs and risk assessment process.
User Focussed Services
To focus on service users personal aspirations, we aim to provide care and support in ways which have positive outcomes for service users and promote their active participation. To this end, Orservices operates a charter of rights for people who receive our care and support services.
On the initial referral services users must be 18 years and above. They may have one or more of the following disabilities:
Mental health problems
Aspergers syndrome Condition.
The Service the organisation provides
Our services focus on helping service users to develop and maintain as much
independence and control as possible, whilst experiencing an improvement in their
quality of life. Services are delivered by trained and experienced support workers.
Services are provided 24hr a day 365 days a year.
• The sorts of tasks undertaken and services provided include;
• Life Skills Training: Help with Understanding nutrition
• Supporting service users with preparing shopping list, going shopping
• Supporting with budgeting for food, clothing, recreation etc
• Escorting service users to appointments and shopping
• Prompting Service user to do their laundering and clothing and bedding etc
• Prompting and supervising service users with personal hygiene
• Supporting service users to access welfare benefits
• Supporting service users to fill out forms etc
• Prompting Service users to ensuring rent and other bills, debts etc are paid
• Supporting service user to open bank account
• Supporting service users to access professional help and liaison with other
• Supporting service users to access training, education and employment
• Supporting service user to access recreational facilities
• Supporting service user to access specialist counselling services
• Registering service user with GPs, Dentist, and Opticians etc.
• Supporting service users to arrange and attend appointments their
• Liaising with social worker, doctors, chemist etc